Friday 19 February 2016

The Week of Friends in Vila Fonche

Friends. Do you guys remember that TV series? Me just foggy, but anyway... You would think love is the thing which keeps people healthy and happy, but some scientific reports (Allen, A. A. and Hafen Ch. A. - unfortunately the exact date and the title of their research is not known to me) show that youngsters who had good relationship with someone, so called friend, enjoy better health (also mental aspect of it), more proper body weight (obesity, huh?),  and declared less stress in future life. Those who have at least one good friend tend to live longer (up to six years when compared to people lonely), copy better with difficult circumstances, have stronger immune system, higher self esteem and self efficiency, and so on.

Friends - they are truly mystical creatures, important people who got tiny pieces of your heart. The meaning of that small 7 lettered word (at least in English) may be slightly different. Well... I bet it is different for everyone. There is ad many definitions as many friends on the world.

Usually a friend is a person whom you trust, share time, moments, memories, words, activities and many many more. You know, I did quite an effort trying to find a nice definition, I have looked through so many dictionaries, but nothing really spoke to me. All of them included liking, affection, companionship, support. That is all beautiful and important.



So what does actually the worth 'friend' mean? In the deeep corner of my heart I consider myself a traveler. You know, The months I spent in my home country for over 3 last years are possible to count on the fingers of one hand. And there are for sure people my heart is longing to, people with whom I share that special connection, memories, thoughts, words. People for whom I try to be even if I'm not literally there. But the same is with Turkey, United States, and now Portugal, as well as from many many other countries I haven't been to yet, and even don't know if they are on my bucket list. Recently the word 'friend' means to me someone, with whom I share now, which becomes a memory. Someone with whom I share laughter, silence, walks, serious conversations or just few hours of flight. It does not include keeping, but being.

Amazing friends I got here, in Portugal, and I wont try to tell their names, just to not skip anyone. Children with whom I work are also friends - beautiful ones, they show you completely different perspective on things. And oh, how did they enjoy things! This week we had those special envelopes put up on the walls, there was a name lottery and everyone got a secret friend, and became one. The biggest problem was to leave something in the envelope, since someone was all the time around them, excited. The association was filled with laughter and positive emotions, so beautiful that it is not even possible to describe with words!

It is good to remember about your friends. A postcard, a letter, a piece of chocolate or something completely meaningless for others but for you two containing a story. hugs are also great!

And you? What does 'friend' mean to you?

Lots of love, Friends (:


Maaarcia! <3








Who has got better friend? (;


No comments:

Post a Comment